Ashtavidha Pariksha (Eight-fold Examination)
- Our Ayurvedic doctors will use the Eight-fold Examination to scrutinize the patient’s pulse, tongue, voice, skin, eyes, general appearance, urine, and stool.
- Pulse diagnosis – also called Nadi Pariksha, the pulse will be examined through its beating patterns, frequencies, and the like in seven different levels
- Tongue diagnosis – the color, texture, and shape of the tongue will be examined to get information about the gall bladder, pancreas, or bacterial infection.
- Voice diagnosis – whether it is cracked, hoarse, or heavy, the voice speaks volumes about the balance of your doshas
- Skin diagnosis – any nutritional deficiency can be seen through the skin by its smoothness, dryness, temperature, etc.
- Eyes diagnosis – the eyes can tell the doctor if the patient’s body has issues about the brain, iron absorption, pancreas, and liver
- General appearance diagnosis - the patient’s body shape, hair color and texture, face, and aura can tell the doctor about the predominance of doshas in your body
- Urine diagnosis – its color, frequency, or if there’s any discomfort while urinating can indicate the patient’s health condition
- Stool diagnosis – this examination can tell a lot about the patient’s digestive health
Patient History is Vital
- Past and present lifestyle, eating habits, and daily routines
- Pregnancy and menstrual cycles (for women)
- Family medical history
- Past experiences and encounters to diagnose their character
- Past and current relationships
- Prakriti – unique Ayurvedic constitution (own mix of vatta, pitta, and kapha)
- Vikriti – current health imbalances
- Prashamana – personalized methods to achieve balance
- Dinacharya – appropriate lifestyle and activities
- Pathya Ahara – recommended eating habits
- Aushadha – prescribed medicines
- Chikitsa – suitable treatments to alleviate health issues
Kotakkal Ayurveda - Mother land of modern ayurveda